Welcome to the Ashdown Forest news and events section, see below for the bulletins prior to 2017. Please be sure to review our exhibitions and events listings to see whats happening on the Forest.
For up-to-date news
Please join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/ashdownforestcentre/
News and notices 2018
- Christmas Trees for Sale - We have Christmas Trees (Scots Pine, all sizes) for sale at the Forest Centre. Open daily (9am-4pm Monday- Friday, 11am-4pm Sat-Sun). Unfortunately we are unable to deliver them.
Due in part to ever decreasing budgets and grant cuts we are piloting several fundraising schemes asking visitors to contribute voluntarily to support Ashdown Forest.
Ashdown Forest is a unique and very special place for residents, local communities and visitors - 6,500 acres of protected heathland and woodland, paths, rides and trails, hidden gardens, waterfalls, streams and magnificent views to the North and South Downs. The most recent Visitor Survey estimated that there were 4541 visits per day to Ashdown Forest with just a small staff team, supported by teams of volunteers, working to 'regulate and manage the forest as an amenity and place of resort and to conserve it as a quiet and natural area of outstanding beauty.’
Our first initiative is easyfundraising, the UK's biggest charity fundraising site. It's simple to use, and it's free. easyfundraising turns your everyday online shopping into donations for your good cause, at no cost to you. Once you've made a purchase the retailer will then make a small donation to your cause to say “thank you”.
Join over 1.4 million people raising free donations at over 3500 shops and sites every day the easyfundraising way!
Please register at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
Registration is easy with your email address or Facebook profile. Search for the “Conservators of Ashdown Forest”.
We appreciate all the support so many of you give us whether by volunteering, through donations or supporting events - we now ask you to add easyfundraising to help us further. Thank you!
- Road Closure for Remembrance Sunday:
Remembrance Sunday 11th November - Ashdown Forest Airman's Grave - First World War Centenary.
Wealden District Council Road Closure Order.
The Crowborough Road is closed to through traffic between 09:00hrs and 12:00hrs on Sunday 11th November 2018 that includes cyclists and horseboxes.
Access only for vehicles parking for the Airman’s Grave.
- Orders now being taken for Ashdown Beef Boxes and Ashdown Hogget Boxes
- Second dog owner convicted for failing to keep her dog under control on Ashdown Forest
- Deer Programme Update 2017/18
- Volunteer Opportunity - Mapping Assistant - an opportunity to help with digitising and archiving official Forest maps
- Annual Report 2017/18
- From the High Weald AONB:
Information about the High Weald public consultation: www.highweald.org/public-consultation-2018
News, media stories and notices 2016
QUEEN'S AWARD FOR VOLUNTARY SERVICE 2016 - The Conservators of Ashdown Forest has been honoured with the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the highest award for voluntary service a group can receive in the UK. More information and photos can be viewed here.
- Wakehurst Place plays host to Ashdown Forest sheep: read more here
- Black panther spotted in Ashdown Forest: read more here
- Discover Winnie-the-Pooh Country: read more here
- Review of governance arrangement for Ashdown Forest: read more here
News, media stories and notices 2015
- "Dog owners to blame" after sheep mauled to death on Ashdown Forest: read more here
- Farmer shoots dead black labrador for killing 3 sheep and injuring another: read more here
- Dog shot by farmer after 4 sheep killed on Ashdown Forest: read more here
- Fire crews battle Ashdown Forest gorse blaze: read more here
- Ashdown Forest Centre undergoes £2million improvements project: read more here
- Big cat sightings in Ashdown Forest may be missing greyhound: read more here