Search our site
News and Events
Stay up-to-date with Ashdown Forest...
- COMMONERS ANNUAL MEETING - Meeting to be held on Friday 3rd March at 7.30pm at Nutley Village Hall for purpose of conducting general business and election of one Conservator.
- Notice of meeting - please click here
- Ashdown Forest Commoner Conservator - Nominee Notice - Feb 2017 here
- Personal Statements of the Nominees:
- Ms Susan McAll here
- Mr Colin Smith here
- For the Commoners attending the AGM and wishing to vote, please bring your Commoners Assessment Number and form of Indentification.
- ASHDOWN FOREST TRIPLE BILL - A "pillow and blanket" evening to celebrate Ashdown Forest. Friday 10th March, 8:00 - 9:30pm. Forest Row Village Hall. A soundscape, 1950's archive film and moving images with live percussion. More information here
- DAWN CHORUS BIRD WALKS 2017 - Dates:- Thursday 20 April, Saturday 6 May and Thursday 18 May 2017. A wonderful chance to take an early morning (06.40 to 08.40) walk on the Forest led by a Voluntary Ranger. There are a limited number of spaces, so please book early.
- REMOVAL OF BRIDGE - The bridge between Braeberrys Gate drive and the ponds has been removed as structually unsound. Due to a generous donation it is hoped that the bridge will be repaired by the end of April 2017.
- QUEEN'S AWARD FOR VOLUNTARY SERVICE 2016 - The Conservators of Ashdown Forest has been honoured with the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the highest award for voluntary service a group can receive in the UK. More information and photos can be viewed here.
- LIVESTOCK ON THE FOREST
The Conservators sheep are now off the Forest. The Commoner farmer has removed his sheep from the grazing area but is still trying to locate 3 cows.
The Conservators cattle will remain on the Forest throughout winter, in the Trees enclosure, behind Millbrook West car park (A22).
To view a map showing the grazing enclosures please click here.
For advice on walkers' safety around livestock please click here.
- GOVERNANCE OF ASHDOWN FOREST - 2016 REVIEW
Message from the Chair of the Board of Conservators - please click here
For more information relating to the Governance Review please click here
- ASHDOWN FOREST CONSERVATION MANAGEMENT PLAN 2016-2020
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Strategic Plan 2016-2020
- Latest News
- Up-coming Events & Exhibitions
- Friends of Ashdown Forest
A Year in the Life of Ashdown Forest
A gorgeous film, produced by the Friends of Ashdown Forest, giving a 'behind the scenes' look at just what it takes to manage and maintain the Forest in the 21st Century. To view the film click here or visit our YouTube Channel. (Released December 2013)
Discover more at Ashdown Forest...
Originally a deer hunting forest in Norman times, Ashdown Forest is now one of the largest free public access space in the South East. It is a great place for walking and enjoying spectacular views over the Sussex countryside and is known the world over as the 'home' of Winnie-the-Pooh.
The Forest is at the heart of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has national and international protection because of its wildlife. Nearly two thirds of its 6500 acres (2500 hectares) are heathland, amounting to 2.5% of the UK's extent of this rare habitat. How to get to Ashdown Forest
The Forest Centre is the headquarters of the Conservators of Ashdown Forest who are responsible for the management the Forest. It is the best starting point for finding out about the Forest, what you can see, and where you can go.
- Phone us on 01342 823583
- E-mail us at [email protected]
- The Forest Centre - Office, Information Barn and Education Barn
- Meet the Ashdown Forest Staff
- Ashdown Forest Life Magazine
INFORMATION BARN OPENING HOURS:
1st October - 31st March
Weekends Only: 11am-5pm
********** NEW PARENT/CARER & TODDLER GROUP ***********
A group for children aged 2-5 years - join us to explore the wonderful wildlife of Ashdown Forest
Every 3rd Monday of the month, except Easter Monday 17th April
10am - 11.30am
£5 per family - booking essential
For more details click here
ASHDOWN FOREST TRIPLE BILL
Friday 10th March, 8:00 - 9:30pm.
Forest Row Village Hall (Freshfield the main hall)
Entry: £5 donation on the door.