News and Events
Stay up-to-date with Ashdown Forest...
- **PLEASE NOTE**: On Friday 16th October the Office will be shut from 1pm. It will be open as normal from 9am on Monday 19th October.
- NEW OPENING HOURS. The Information Barn, Office and toilet facilities will now be shutting at 4.30pm every Friday.
- THE WOOD LIST IS NOW OPEN! Call 01342 823583 or email to add your name. Further information can be found here.
- NEW INVISIBLE FENCE SYSTEM - a new system will be used to enclose cattle from June 2015 - find out more here
- SUMMER GRAZING UPDATE! - The livestock are now back out on the Forest and enclosures have been erected - keep up to date with the various grazing areas here. For further advice on walkers' safety around livestock please click here.
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Latest News
- Up-coming Events & Exhibitions
- Friends of Ashdown Forest
A Year in the Life of Ashdown Forest
A gorgeous film, produced by the Friends of Ashdown Forest, giving a 'behind the scenes' look at just what it takes to manage and maintain the Forest in the 21st Century. To view the film click here or visit our YouTube Channel. (Released December 2013)
Discover more at Ashdown Forest...
Originally a deer hunting forest in Norman times, Ashdown Forest is now one of the largest free public access space in the South East. It is a great place for walking and enjoying spectacular views over the Sussex countryside and is known the world over as the 'home' of Winnie-the-Pooh.
The Forest is at the heart of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has national and international protection because of its wildlife. Nearly two thirds of its 6500 acres (2500 hectares) are heathland, amounting to 2.5% of the UK's extent of this rare habitat. How to get to Ashdown Forest
The Forest Centre is the headquarters of the Conservators of Ashdown Forest who are responsible for the management the Forest. It is the best starting point for finding out about the Forest, what you can see, and where you can go.
- Phone us on 01342 823583
- E-mail us at [email protected]
INFORMATION BARN OPENING HOURS:
30th March - 31st October
***** UPCOMING EVENTS ***
AS PART OF COUNTRYFILE'S RAMBLE FOR BBC CHILDREN IN NEED ALL DONATIONS FROM THE HEALTH WALK ON WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER WILL BE GIVEN TO THE CHARITY.
THE WALK WILL BE LEAVING FROM LONG CAR PARK (A22 - NEAR THE LLAMA PARK) AT 10.30AM AND THE WALK WILL BE NO LONGER THAN AN HOUR. MORE INFORMATION ON THE HEALTH WALKS CAN BE HERE.